Monday, September 9, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Image courtesy of Food Marriage 
My mother-in-law Pam gave me the original recipe, after I scarfed down about a pound of this at a New Years party we went to. I now make this for all my book club gatherings, as this is a special request from my fellow Bookaholics member Celeste. The original recipe calls for 8 oz of cream cheese, but I think 4 oz. is plenty. The original also calls for cooking 2 large chicken breasts and shredding them, but I always seem to make this at the last minute, so I use canned chicken. There isn't anything remotely healthy in this, sorry.  

INGREDIENTS:

  • 16 oz. chicken breast (either cook and shred two chicken breasts, or be lazy and use canned white meat chicken, low or no sodium)
  • 6 tablespoons Franks Hot Sauce
  • 4 oz. cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup ranch dressing
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Put chicken and hot sauce in medium skillet, heat til warm.

Add cream cheese and dressing and heat until blended.

Add 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and stir.

Place in crockpot and put it on the Keep Warm setting.

Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.

Serve warm with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment